Join The VA NGO Network!
A reminder that our 2014 Annual Membership drives only has a few weeks left
JOIN US Please register here
Dues: General Membership $100
Academia/Student Associations Membership: $50
Deadline Feb 15 for full 2014 membership
Together we can support your needs and build capacity for Viet Nam.
With membership, you will enjoy discounted and complimentary rate at all our events and functions.
We continue to provide Capacity Building Workshops, HEI (Health Education Initiative) PedFACTS CPR/1st Aid Training and HIPE (Healthy Initiatives through Peer Education) engaging the youth to be Peer Health Educators. Our upcoming spring training will be in Hue, Vinh Long and Saigon, details to follow.
VA NGO Network Health Education Initiative – HEI
2014 Spring PedFACTS-Vietnam Training Course
Huế: Monday, March 3, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Center for Humanity Education Hue City, Nguyen Sinh Sac Street, Vy Da South Project Area, Hue, Vietnam
Vĩnh Long: Monday, March 10, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Bình Minh Town, Vĩnh Long Province, Vietnam
REGISTER NOW HERE
Deadline: March 1, 2014
The VA NGO Network Health Education Initiative (HEI) PedFACTS-Vietnam is collaboration between Project Vietnam Foundation, American Academy of Pediatrics and VANGO Network focusing to provide the Pediatric First Aid Training for caregivers and teachers based on PedFACTS for which the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has granted Vietnamese copyrights to Project Vietnam Foundation (PVNF).
HEI PedFACTS-Vietnam Training Course
- PedFACTS-Vietnam Provider First Aid Training provides caregivers and teachers the basic first aid skills and confidence that they need to effectively care for children. (1 day)
- Improve knowledge of child care givers
- Reduce injury and emergency events for children in the school/childcare setting
- Introduce training on First aid for preschool/school teachers, for proposed adoption into national standards
Who should attend?
- Pediatric doctors and nurses working for VANGO Network member organizations and local hospitals, schools and childcare centers
- Kindergarten teachers and caregivers working for VANGO Network member organizations and local schools and childcare centers
- Participants will receive the Instructor or Provider Certificate American Academy of Pediatrics AAP & the VA NGO Network provided they have successfully completed the course.
HEI – Provider Course Registration: 1 day
- Members: $50
- Non Members: $90
Registration costs covered course supplies, training materials, book and certification from American Academy of Pediatrics & the VA NGO Network. Pre-Registration is required. Space is limited on a first-come, first–serve basis.
For detailed info, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, please contact to: Cathy Hà Lâm: 714-330-3589 (USA) * Dương Phan: 0906-958-939 (Việt Nam) or [email protected]; www.va-ngo.org
Seeds of Change: In the Best Interest of the Child
Online register here
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Huế: Wednesday March 5, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Center for Humanity Education Hue City,
Nguyen Sinh Sac Street, Vy Da South Project Area, Hue, Vietnam
Vĩnh Long: Sunday – Monday, March 9 – 10, 2014 ** 8:00am – 5:00pm ** Bình Minh Town, Vĩnh Long Province, Vietnam
Seeds of Change: In the Best Interest of the Child is the theme for a series of on-demand workshops on social work, building self-esteem and child development, targeted to educators, counselors, and other childcare providers, with the goal of providing practical skills for successful living. The workshops are conducted by member organizations of the VA NGO Network for their local partners, staff and volunteers.
The following topics will be covered:
- Effective Communication
- Life Skills for Success: Top Tips for Communication Skills, Listening and Time Management
- Effective Life Skills- Empowering Youth for Success
- Wondering with children: The importance of observation in early education
- Brain Development for Children: Multi-Cultural Activities
- Understanding Children’s Temperament
- Learning through Play
- Supporting Physical Growth and Development in Young Children: Fun Games and Group Activities
- Building Healthy and Safe Communities, Making Healthy Choices
Workshop attendees will:
- Gain practical knowledge and skills on social work with children and families. Exploring ‘what works’ and promoting good practice bringing the community together with multicultural activities;
- Building understanding of leadership, capacity and capability issues for effective working with children and their families around the issue of mental health and emotional well-being; and,
- Develop a vision for advancing the field: What work is needed to refine and advance the field and its practice areas for social network and collaboration to promote the emotional health of children.
Who should attend?
Staff/volunteers of NGOs and grass root organizations working in rural communities; school personnel and all personnel involved with education projects.
Staff/Volunteers who want to sharpen their skills on how to present or talk to others and/or the media about their work and their nonprofit organizations.
- Members: 2 complimentary admissions, $15 per additional participant.
- Non-Members: $50 per participant.
Space is limited on a first-come, first–serve basis. Registration fee includes all training materials, lunches, and refreshments. Pre-Registration is required. Interested participants are required to confirm their attendance by completing the online Registration Form before March 1, 2014.
For further details, please contact to: Cathy Hà Lâm: 714-330-3589 (USA) * Dương Phan: 0906-958-939 (Việt Nam) or [email protected]; www.va-ngo.org